As the government gradually eases the coronavirus lockdown and private healthcare providers resume normal activity, Anderson Eye Care, in partnership with Nuffield Health Hospitals, has restarted clinical and surgical activities. Our clinic locations, opening hours and contact details remain unchanged. We have implemented the guidelines and policies of Nuffield Health and NHS England and NHS improvement to ensure the safety of our patients and staff.
A short animation of the changes is available to view here:
Upon entrance to our facilities you will notice many changes compared to before the coronavirus outbreak:
- Alcohol-based hand sanitiser gel is provided at the entrance
- Face masks are provided at the entrance if you have not brought your own; please wear one after using the sanitiser gel
- All staff wear a face mask
- Your temperature will be checked at the entrance
- You will be asked if you have experienced any coronavirus symptoms in the last 14 days
- At the check-in reception a Perspex screen is now present to encourage social distancing
- The waiting areas have reduced number of seats, taking into account the recent advice on social distancing; magazines and leaflets have also been removed
- In the examination and consulting rooms, the consultants and nurses will be wearing a face mask
- All equipment and surfaces will be meticulously cleaned for the next patient, once you leave the room
On the day of the appointment please do not arrive too early for your appointment. We are currently asking patients to wait in their car until they receive a phone call from reception that their consultation is due. Aiming to maintain safe distancing, if you do attend with a friend or relative, we would be grateful if you could ask them to wait for you in the car.
With this opportunity we would like to reassure you of the effort we have put into ensuring maximum safety. All staff are regularly screened for symptoms and have a regular swab for coronavirus.
In addition, all our patients who undergo any medical procedure e.g. cataract surgery or laser vision correction are asked to isolate prior to their surgery and have a swab taken 48 – 72 hours prior to their procedure which we can arrange for you here at the Nuffield without charge.
On the day of your appointment or procedure, please do not attend if you are unwell or are displaying signs of coronavirus, including a fever, cough, loss of smell or taste. It is important to see medical advice if your symptoms get worse. Use the NHS 111 online coronavirus service if:
- you feel you cannot cope with your symptoms at home
- you feel breathless and it’s getting worse
- your symptoms get worse and you’re not sure what to do
If you have specific questions we have not addressed here or would like further information regarding our laser eye procedures, please do contact us.
We look forward to seeing you in our clinics.
With best wishes,
David Anderson and the team at Anderson Eye Care