From the 5th November new national restrictions now apply to England which replaced the Local COVID Alert level measures and will remain in force until Wednesday 2nd December. These restrictions mandate that you stay at home except for specific purposes.
The current restrictions do allow you to leave your home for any medical reason including to attend medical appointments and to get a COVID-19 test.
Anderson Eye Care, in partnership with Nuffield Health and Spire Southampton Hospitals, continues to provide a safe environment for your care. We have implemented the guidelines and policies of NHS England and NHS Improvement to ensure the safety of our patients and staff and our clinic locations, opening hours and contact details remain unchanged. We are proud to have remained open throughout the pandemic and continue to do so to serve our patient’s needs.
We have streamlined our processes and now provide much of our information electronically in advance to keep your appointment as efficient as possible.
To see how we protect our patients please take a look at the poster and / or short animation below.
On entering medical facilities you will be asked to report any symptoms of COVID-19 and complete a short questionnaire; you will notice some of our protective measures:
- Alcohol-based hand sanitiser gel is provided at the entrance
- Face masks are provided at the entrance if you have not brought your own
- Please wear a face mask after using the sanitiser gel
- All staff wear a face mask
- At check-in reception, a perspex screen is now present to encourage social distancing
- The waiting areas have reduced numbers of seats, in line with recent advice on social distancing magazines and leaflets have been removed
- All touch points, equipment and surfaces are meticulously cleaned once you leave each area so that we are ready for the next person
Remember – ‘Hands. Face. Space’:
- hands – wash your hands regularly and for 20 seconds
- face – wear a face-covering in indoor settings where social distancing may be difficult, and where you will come into contact with people you do not normally meet
- space – stay 2 metres apart from people you do not live with where possible, or 1 metre with extra precautions in place (such as wearing face coverings or increasing ventilation indoors)
On the day of your appointment or procedure, please do not attend if you are unwell or are displaying signs of coronavirus, including a fever, cough, loss of smell or taste. It is important to see medical advice if your symptoms get worse. Use the NHS 111 online coronavirus service if:
- you feel you cannot cope with your symptoms at home
- you feel breathless and it’s getting worse
- your symptoms get worse and you’re not sure what to do
If you have specific questions we have not addressed here or would like further information regarding our laser eye procedures, please do contact us.
We look forward to seeing you in our clinics.
With best wishes,
David Anderson and the team at Anderson Eye Care